Current affairs and news on return to work for cancer survivors and professionals.
Peer support group ”Working and Living with Cancer” meets monthly
Living and Working with Cancer is a monthly peer support group. The group meets online, so you can join us, no matter you location in Finland.
You don’t have to be a native English speaker to join the group. All you need is a willingness to talk about life with or after cancer in English, and also that you live in Finland. The group is intended for working-age persons, but you don’t have to be working at the moment. However, the group is related to the Work & Cancer project, so if you have questions concerning returning to work, we’ll be happy to discuss those issues as well.
Meetup schedule for autumn 2020
August 31st from 5 to 6.30 pm
September 28th from 5 to 6.30 pm
October 26th from 5 to 6.30 pm
November 30th from 5 to 6.30 pm
For more information or to sign up for the group, kindly contact coordinator Marketta at firstname.lastname@example.org or 045 104 6509.
Also check out the blog post ”To have a laugh and to vent!
Work & Cancer podcast
Check out the podcast series Work & Cancer, so far there is one episode in English. You’ll find all the episodes at the podcast site (mostly in Finnish). The episodes are available e.g. on Spotify and Apple podcasts.
Share your thoughts in the blog series Greetings from Work
Share your blog post about work, studying or coping with work.
- The style is up to you: you can blog a professional analysis, a story, share your own experience on cancer or that of a loved one, humorous text, poem, fictional story or something else.
- We can help you with proofreading, so don’t worry about grammar or punctuation.
- Recommended length of the text is approx. 300-600 words.
- Submit the text as a Word or equivalent file (not PDF files) at email@example.com.
- Let us know whether you’d like to use your own name, a pen name or if the text should be published anonymously. Kindly include a pen name. More information on submitting an anonymous text in Finnish.
- Also include a short text to describe yourself: ”The writer…”
- If you wish, you can additionally include a cover and photos to illustrate your blog post (either in JPG or PNG format), let us know who the photographer is and consider copyrights.
- The texts will be published in the order of delivery.